In addition to the salmon fishing there is also a wide range of exciting and enjoyable activities in the area:
- Stalking - Red stag stalking is available on both North Loch Naver and Syre Estates to fishing tenants from August onwards and, once the fishing season ends on September 30th, Syre Lodge is available to let for stag stalking. Hind stalking can be arranged for small parties from November onwards - please contact us for more details.
- Woodcock Shooting - this can also be arranged for small parties from November until the end of January - please contact us for more details.
- Golf is available at Rhifail. Please contact us for details
- Strathnaver Trail (pdf) - take a scenic drive through the Strathnaver Trail that starts opposite Dalvina Lodge.
- Horse Riding - enjoy the beautiful countryside of Strathnaver and the beaches with Torrisdale Trekking, located on the banks of the River Naver one mile from Bettyhill (telephone number 01641 521472).
- Falls of Shin - watch Atlantic salmon leap as they head up-stream, entertain the children at the Adventure Playground, take forest walks through the mixed conifer woodlands or simply enjoy a round of mini golf.
- Cocoa Mountain - visit the world-renowned Cocoa Mountain Chocolate Bar in Balnakeil
- The Castle and Gardens of Mey - visit the Queen Mother’s home in Caithness and explore the walled garden
- Orkney Isles - Day trips to the remote and picturesque Orkney Isles are available with ferries departing from John O’Groats twice a day between 1st June and 2nd September.